The Logo Manifesto
This manifesto is to get me into the headspace for designing innovative, fully realized logo marks.
- The job of a logo is to identify, not explain.
- A logo doesn’t have to have a wordmark.
- A logo doesn’t have to have an icon.
- A logo can be static or dynamic.
- A good logo burns 0 calories to look at.
- Every logo is a little bit of a copy.
- A good logo feels familiar before it feels original.
- A logo can be informative or iconic, but not both.
Thanks for reading! If you learned something useful, share this article with your followers. I appreciate it!
Want to dive deeper where design and code meet? Join the community of dev-signers on my email list.